Charochka Russian restaurant
For several years the 1930s, 8524 was the Asia Bazaar, an imported goods shop owned by modern dance pioneer Ruth St. Denis that sold oriental fabrics and antiques. It was later taken over for use as an auction house by the adjacent David Tennant Galleries. After Tennant moved out at the end of May 1945, the space became Charochka, one of two Russian restaurants on the Strip at the time. It was here through the end of 1947.
After that the space changed names and management frequently. By Sept 1951 it had been Club Bayou and was being sold at auction. By Dec 1951 it was Gypsy Camp, a Hungarian Restaurant with host Jerry Rothman of the Cal-Neva Lodge at Lake Tahoe. By May 1954, Both Gypsy Camp and “Club 22” had come and gone and 8524 was reopening as Club Trocadero.
The building underwent a significant remodeled and opened as “Dino’s Lodge” on March 21, 1958.