Located on the south side of Sunset Boulevard between Wilcox and Hudson, 6480 Sunset started out as an automobile showroom. The 1-story brick struture was built in 1923 and opened as the new home of H.W. Swanson’s Hupmobile dealership.
5539 Sunset Boulevard, between Western Avenue and St. Andrews Place, was designed by Shelby R. Coon in 1925 as an auto showroom, part of a cluster of automotive-related businesses built from 5533 to 5565 Sunset for E.F. Bogardus. Auburn dealer Wilshire Motors opened here in May 1926 amid a cluster of other auto-related businesses.