Beauty pioneer Elizabeth Arden opened her second Los Angeles area salon at this location on January 14, 1936 (1). She kept women of the Sunset Strip and environs looking beautiful through 1956. In April 1958 Barker Brothers opened a design studio in the space (addressed as 8591).
(1) The first was at 3933 Wilshire Blvd. It closed in the early 1940s.