Dolores Drive-In Restaurant
The Strip’s lone drive-in restaurant was originally a branch of the Simon’s chain. The understated colonial-style building was markedly different that the orbit-shaped, neon-ringed Art Deco Simon’s further east at 6760 Sunset Blvd. near Hollywood High School. It opened as Dolores Drive-In here about 1945, its first Los Angeles location.
In the 1950s it became another drive-in, Jack’s On the Strip. The little building later briefly served as a real estate office. In 1971, Tower Records was built on the site.