Designed by Daniel B. Cathart with interior decoration by Jules Brodeurard and Richard Pefferle, the little jewel box of a salon at 3150 Wilshire Boulevard was a breath of prewar glamour updated for the postwar era when the doors were thrown open on November 20, 1946. At an evening soiree the night before, a bottle of (Coty, of course) perfume was broken against the door by Grover Whalen of New York.
Designer Adrian, whose own salon was nearby at 233 N. Beverly Dr., in a tribute to Coty’s latest fragrance, ‘Muse’ presented nine “fabulous ‘muse’ fashions modeled by top cover girls.”
Coty Paris Salon was here through 1954. In July 1955 the space became a Magic Mirror Beauty Salon.