Immanuel Presbyterian Church & Petroleum Securities Building

Immanuel_Presbyterian_ChurchAt the time of its dedication in 1891, the Immanuel Presbyterian Church, designed by James H. Bradbeer dominated the southeast corner of the then-remote Tenth & Pearl streets. By 1926 this stretch of Pearl St. had long since become part of Figueroa and the southward progression of the city had caught up to and the church, which found itself in the shadow of modern progress. Continue reading