Bublichki Russian Restaurant
Founded by actor Alex Danahoff, Bublichki, with its flaming meats, vodka cocktails and gypsy violinists occupied this old world-style building from 1936 through 1958.
After Bublichki closed, Jerry Lewis opened his namesake restaurant here, replacing the quaint, half-timbered structure with a low-slung modern building (addressed as 8844). The building went through a succession of owners and name changes after Lewis closed in 1964, finally becoming The Classic Cat topless club in July 1966.
2 thoughts on “8846 Sunset Blvd.”
Comments are closed.