The Westside Market
Building permits indicate this market was built c. 1933 on a large parcel. Note the open front with fruits and vegetables on display, a popular form of Southland market at the time, as seen at the Sun Fax Market, the A&P/Thrifty, and the Crescent Heights and Sunset Laurel markets. It continued to operate as a grocer’s into 1956. Thereafter it became a nightclub, The Largo, run by Chuck Landis (1).
(1) Landis was affiliated with a number of Sunset Strip nightclubs prior to this, including The Trocadero (8610 Sunset).