In 1926, this classical Romanesque structure housed the Los Angeles main Post Office & Federal building. Though only 16 years old, its days were already numbered.
Completed in 1910 at the confluence of Temple, Spring & Main streets, it was still under construction when there was talk of it being replaced. In the end, however, it served until 1937. It was demolished July of that year and a new federal building/post office opened on more or less the same footprint January 23, 1939.