Formed in 1921, the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce met in rented quarters until opening its permanent home at 6520 Sunset Boulevard in 1926.
With its lease of temporary home since 1923 at 6530 Hollywood Boulevard due to expire on July 1, 1925, the group began considering whether to move to rented space in a used furniture store a few door down or possibly constructing a new building on a leased lot on Sunset Boulevard near the corner of Hudson, across the street from the new Hollywood Athletic Club. By June 1925, it had decided to proceed with a new building, which would be constructed by the Christie Realty Corporation and turned over to the Chamber at net cost.
Mogan, Walls and Clements designed new structure in the Spanish Baroque style with Churrigueresque detail above the front entrance. It included offices, a 400-seat theater, and exhibit spaces. Large windows reflected the old pepper trees that still shaded the boulevard.
The public grand opening was held July 14, 1926 following the formal dedication the previous evening.